10 Prospect Street, Hatfield MA 01038 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio www.timothyobrien.org Cell 413-335-8027
Marketing Communications • PR/Public Affairs
• Content Creation • Project/Event Management
• Social & Traditional Media • Video • Branding
BRAND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR 2020-Present
Samson Manufacturing, Keene NH
Manage a suite of B2B and B2C marketing communications for an international precision manufacturer
- Own all branding components: social media, video production, trade shows, print materials, etc.
- Primary writer for packaging, instructions, video scripts, and more
- Expanded YouTube, Facebook and Instagram viewership and engagement by an average of more than 30% in one year
EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR 1999-2020
Michael Kittredge, Leverett MA
Provide marketing communications services to a retired business leader and his extensive organization.
- Manage all personal communications and serve as personal advisor
- Write speeches, design PowerPoint presentations and provide talking points for appearances
- Liaise with graphic design team, create copy, manage special projects including books, archives, etc.
- Ghost writer for employer autobiography
- Video writer/producer for archival, entertainment and instructional videos
- Producer/manager for special events of up to 400 persons including entertainment booking
- Co-founder of “Sounds of Recovery,” a new nonprofit promoting music therapy
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR 2010-2014
Kringle Candle Company and Farm Table Restaurant, Bernardston MA
Responsible for all marketing communications, advertising, tourism promotion and public affairs.
- Public affairs advisor to top management and primary company spokesperson on many topics
- Led public affairs and media relations, managed all inbound media inquiries and outbound PR pitches
- Writer/editor: produced news releases, white papers, catalogs/brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Wrote and delivered speeches and talks about the company, wrote speeches for top management
- Managed B2C and B2B advertising, negotiated media and maintained budget oversight for B2C
- Developed creative content for web, television, radio, print and outdoor advertising
- Social media writer and co-manager for Facebook and Instagram content and online reputation management
- Video producer/scriptwriter/editor for television advertising, training and archive pieces
- Event producer/manager for events including VIP tours, open houses, seminars, promotions, etc.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR 1990-1999
Yankee Candle Company, Deerfield MA
Led marketing, communications, tourism promotion and special projects for one of the region’s best-known companies.
- Oversaw all aspects of public affairs and served as official company spokesperson on many topics
- Strategized B2C advertising, negotiated media and maintained budget oversight
- Video writer/co-producer for all television advertising, training and archive
- Copywriter for all marketing communications pieces, catalogs, newsletters, media releases, etc.
- Awarded “Regional Marketer of the Year” by MA Office of Travel and Tourism
COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR 1987-1990
Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau, Springfield MA
Managed external and internal communications for a regional destination-marketing agency.
- Managed public affairs, governmental relations, press tours, VIP visits,
- Wrote press releases, position papers, feature articles, brochures and annual official guidebook
- Scripted and co-directed the agency’s first promotional video
- Served as official spokesperson for agency.
BS Resource Economics – The University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA